I’ve got zero continuous streams of thought worthy of a blog post rolling in my head. Therefore, bullet point lists it is! Welcome to Monday 😀
- I heard on the news that East Coast people are angry that the storm was “hyped” as being worse than it ACTUALLY was this past weekend. All I can say to that is people, you are SO lucky. You have a government that sends you money to rebuild all the junk weather does to our country. Look at Haiti. What do they get, huh? Be thankful for once in your life rather than finding something else to complain about.
- I walked Cooper into school one morning last week and every kid in there was coughing and sneezing and sounded awful! This is week #4 of school and everyone is already sick! Both the boys are still fighting the residual effects of whatever it is Cooper brought home. Runny nose and a cough. I can’t decide if it is allergies or a cold. I know there isn’t much I can do about it unfortunately.
- I’ve been looking on Craigslist for counter-height bar chairs since we moved in to this house. I can only find them in stores for $60 a piece and I just don’t want to pay that. My BF found 3 gorgeous ones at a garage sale for $5.00 EACH. I’m extremely jealous.
- All the Target’s in our area are converting to Target Fresh (es?). I don’t quite understand how this differs from Target Greatland…but I like it so far. I did some shopping there over the weekend and their produce is BEAUTIFUL. I bought the most lovely green grapes, raspberries and blueberries there. I am finding less and less reason to shop at Wal-Mart these days. The prices seem pretty comparable. I would need to compare receipts to really see the exact difference rather than just my impression. But with the online coupons they have and the nice Target Up and Up brand…shew….tough competition Wally World!
- MOPS is about to start and I’ve got to say that I was having a lot of doubts about whether I really was happy about volunteering to be a Table Leader. However, I realized that it is one of the FEW things in my life I will be investing in that does not involve my children or someone else’s. Meaning I get to talk to grown ups. I get to invest in other ladies. Not other ladies children…but other grown ups. This is a breath of fresh air! I am up to my ears in kid-stuff these days. I’m not mad about it; I realize it is a season of life. It’s just refreshing to have a few things going on that don’t center around children.
- I saw a girl running this morning as I was coming home from dropping Cooper off. I was so envious of her. I need to intentionally build this back into my life. However I am incredibly out of shape. It’s hard for me to motivate myself to go when I know it’s going to hurt and I’m going to be lousy at it as I work my way back in. But I find myself longing for that brain check out time while I work my body. I’m signing myself up for a 5K just so that I have no excuses. YAY!
- I’m not ready for fall.