Last week, I was wavering on the French Oak house we had put on offer on. The bank countered our offer at full list price, but they said they would pay closing costs. This house needs some work, so we weren’t thrilled with the price. It’s at the higher end of our price point and really not what we wanted to pay. We prayed and talked about this a lot. I wasn’t feeling peace about it and I didn’t know what to do or how to interpret my feelings on it. So I prayed for clarification, sat down at the computer and looked at the houses my “client portal” was holding. (Our real estate agent set up an automatic email that would send us new houses that fit our criteria whenever they come onto the market. I get these emails about daily.)

A house popped up that looked gorgeous and held my interest pretty quick. It also “just so happened” that Jeremy worked late that day (12:30-9:00 pm) and had finished all his errands. We had 2 hours before he needed to leave for work and the kids and I were already dressed and ready for the day. (“conditions were perfect” he he he he) I called our real estate agent and asked if he had a little time to meet us there in 30 minutes. He said, “sure” and we set the meeting up. I was thinking that if the French Oak house is “the one” then all the other houses we look at will pale in comparison.

We met at the new house and from the instant we drove up I liked it. It only got better when we went inside. It is gorgeous! It’s a ranch (that’s interpreted “rambler” if you are from the west coast), with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, a newer kitchen, finished basement (not walk out though) and nice back yard. I walked inside and it just hit me. This is “the one”.  Everything is great about it down to the smallest detail. It’s also “move-in” ready. If we wanted to do something to it, we could. But it would be pure preference, not necessity.

I girl screamed and had a cow all through the house. Jeremy and Vito (our real estate agent) laughed at me the whole time. We decided right then and there to rescind our contract on French Oak and put an offer on this house. (It is in St. Charles off McClay road near St. Joachim and Ann church…more later on that.) The sticking point was that the selling office told Vito that bids wouldn’t be reviewed for 15 days because it was protected for “owner/occupants” only for those 15 days. It sounded weird to me but what do I know? We decided we would go ahead and put the offer on the house that day even though it wouldn’t be reviewed for 15 days. We hoped that if we put a strong enough offer on that it would stand out and win!

We left the house, but not before praying in the driveway that this would be OUR house very soon and that God would make it happen.

A few hours later, Vito called me. Turns out the 15 day thing was not correct!!! We COULD put an offer on the house THAT day and it would be reviewed THAT day! AH! So, the next few hours were spent rushing around to get all the papers signed and faxed in before 5:00 pm. It was a crazy day, but we did it! We had the offer in to the bank in the nick of time.

Now, it’s a holiday weekend and the banks are closed on Monday. So we have no idea when we will hear about our offer. I have told myself it would be Friday. But…I’m hoping it will be before then and just praying as much as I can in the mean time. Did I mention that we offered MORE than the asking price? We really want this house!

So now we sit and we wait. I have paint samples all over the house. I’ve been dreaming in my head of all the things we could do and all the fun we can have in this house. Jeremy is excited too…there is a dry bar in the basement that he intends to turn into Notre Dame land.

This house is totally the one. I won’t link to it yet though, not until we get it. I’ll show pictures when we hear back. Until then, pray with us please! We love this house and we are ready to build a life there! HURRAY!!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s