This week I was up for snack at our small group. We are getting to be a pretty big group, so I needed something that would get around to all of us. Strawberry Shortcake sounded heavenly…but I don’t like biscuits for my cake-blah. I found this recipe (with a really long name) and cooked it up yesterday. It turned out heavenly! Kind of like a pound cake only really moist, and it was really vanilla-ie…
I doubled the recipe (i.e. this recipe IS the doubled recipe…don’t double it again. If you want less cake, cut this recipe in half) and put it in a pretty bundt pan to make it look nice. Oh and as usual…this is NOT good for you. 🙂
Supermarket Yellow Cake for Strawberry Shortcake
1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
2 Cups sugar (finely pulverized or use the Baker’s Sugar that’s extra fine)
2 Lg eggs
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 Cups all purpose flour (i use unbleached)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Cups warm milk
1. Preheat oven to 350, generously spray pan and if using a bundt with a design, flour it also. (You may want to put something underneath the pan too as you might get a little overflow-I did)
2. In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
3. Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt. Drizzle in milk, blending well and ensuring that nothing is stuck in the bottom or sides of the mixer.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake 35-40 minutes, or until cake tests done when gently pressed with fingertips. Let cool 15 minutes. Remove and place on a serving plate, dust with powdered sugar.
5. Serve with fresh whipped cream and sliced strawberries!
I’d show you a picture…but I need batteries for the camera! Just trust me, it’s pretty and really, really, rich and tasty!